.sum files from ZK

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: .sum files from ZK
From: aa8u@voyager.net (Bruce (AA8U))
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 1996 12:44:42 -0400 (EDT)
                  IARU HF Championship -- 1996

      Call: ZK1AAU                   Country:  Rarotonga, South Cook Is.
                                     Category: Multi Single

     BAND      QSO   QSO-PTS   PTS/Q    ZONES  HQ STNS

      160        1        5     5.00      1      0
       80       43      195     4.53     13      0
       40      149      701     4.70     19      2
       20       89      401     4.51     18      1
       15        6       30     5.00      3      0
       10        1        5     5.00      1      0
     Totals    289     1337     4.63     55      3

                 Score: 77,546 points

Operator List: ZK1AAU (AA8U), ZK1MJZ (K8MJZ)

Equipment Description:

FT-900AT  /  AL-811  / DSP-59+
Kenwood PS-40
Cushcraft R-7000+ Multi-Band Vertical
Force12 2" dia. Mast Kit
Home Brew 160-80-40-30M Inverted-L (w/ 11 elevated radials)
CT 9.27 / 386SX laptop PC
MFJ Econo Keyer
MFJ 259 Analyzer
Bencher Paddles

Club Affiliation: Mad River Contest Club

           Signature _________________________________ZK1AAU

           MAILING ADDRESS:

               Bruce W. Lallathin  ZK1AAU (AA8U)
               (President: Mad River Contest Club)
               9221 Ford Road
               Rives Junction, MI 49277

Comments:

In spite of a severe lack of propagation for much of the contest, we had a
real fun time on this eleven day DXpedition.

Rarotonga, (IOTA OC-13), is a most beautiful Island in the South Pacific,
just remote enough to retain its unspoiled tropical charm. The Rarotongans
are a most frindly people that made us feel very welcome wherever we went
on the island. We made many new friends in this tropical paridise.

The weather was the most comfortable you could ever imagine, day and night,
throughout our stay. It is winter there too. Our beach front QTH was superb!
Our stay came to an end much too soon.

Many thanks to our most generous sponsors: AA8GL, Cushcraft, Kenwood, MFJ,
Force12, and W4MPY QSL's. Their support really enhanced our success.

This DXpedition was well worth all the effort and expense it took to
pull it off. The time flew by and were were back home all too soon. The long
hours of flight time required to get there and back were close to pure
torture in spite of the pampering by the Air New Zealand and Northwest
Airlines crews. Despite this one negative factor, I am already planning
a return visit to operate from the North Cooks, most likely for
CQWW DX CW in '97 or '98.

If I had not forgotten to pack three of the A3S-DX traps our score would
have been much better. My rear is sore from the richly deserved self
inflicted kicking!

                           DXpedition -- 1996

      Call: ZK1MJZ                   Country:  Rarotonga, South Cook Is.
                                     Category: Single Operator

BAND  MODE      QSO   ZONES COUNTRIES

  160 CW          0      0      0
  160 SSB         0      0      0
  160 RTTY        0      0      0

   80 CW          1      1      1
   80 SSB         0      0      0
   80 RTTY        0      0      0

   40 CW         71     12     13
   40 SSB         1      1      1
   40 RTTY        0      0      0

   30 CW          8      6      4
   30 SSB         0      0      0
   30 RTTY        0      0      0

   20 CW        619     17     20
   20 SSB        12      6      6
   20 RTTY        0      0      0

   17 CW          0      0      0
   17 SSB         8      1      1
   17 RTTY        0      0      0

   15 CW          0      0      0
   15 SSB         0      0      0
   15 RTTY        0      0      0

   12 CW          0      0      0
   12 SSB         0      0      0
   12 RTTY        0      0      0

   10 CW          0      0      0
   10 SSB         0      0      0
   10 RTTY        0      0      0

  SAT CW          0      0      0
  SAT SSB         0      0      0
  SAT RTTY        0      0      0

 ---------------------------------
 Total CW       699     36     38
 Total SSB       21      8      8
 Total RTTY       0      0      0

 Total          720     44     46 = 187,920

                         DXpedition -- 1996

      Call: ZK1AAU                   Country:  Rarotonga, South Cook Is.
                                     Category: Single Operator

BAND  MODE      QSO   ZONES COUNTRIES

  160 CW         89     10      9
  160 SSB        30      4      4
  160 RTTY        0      0      0

   80 CW         76      9      9
   80 SSB        28      4      5
   80 RTTY        0      0      0

   40 CW        363     19     22
   40 SSB         1      1      1
   40 RTTY        0      0      0

   30 CW        206      9      8
   30 SSB         0      0      0
   30 RTTY        0      0      0

   20 CW        437     21     42
   20 SSB       106     16     20
   20 RTTY        0      0      0

   17 CW         12      2      2
   17 SSB        19      6      5
   17 RTTY        0      0      0

   15 CW          0      0      0
   15 SSB         0      0      0
   15 RTTY        0      0      0

   12 CW          0      0      0
   12 SSB         0      0      0
   12 RTTY        0      0      0

   10 CW          0      0      0
   10 SSB         0      0      0
   10 RTTY        0      0      0

  SAT CW          0      0      0
  SAT SSB         0      0      0
  SAT RTTY        0      0      0

 Total CW      1183     70     92
 Total SSB      184     31     35
 Total RTTY      00      0      0

 Total         1367    101    127 = 809,172