W7ZRC NAQP Phone 776 X 127 = 98,552

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: W7ZRC NAQP Phone 776 X 127 = 98,552
From: w7zrc@micron.net (Rod Greene)
Date: Sun, 18 Aug 96 19:15 MDT
 W7ZRC  NAQP Phone
 Category : SO LP Single Radio non assisted

 Default Exchange : Rod Idaho

   80SSB      52          52         52      20    HyTower Vertical
   40SSB     307         307        307      56    3 ele KLM at 120'
   20SSB     418         417        417      51    KT34XA at 130'

 Totals      777         776        776     127

    Final Score = 98,552 points.

Rig:            TS950SDX  150 Watts, Heil Headset
Computer:       486 Clone running TR version 5.72

Comments:       Kept checking 15 and 10, without any luck. Sure could
                have used those mults.  Had a great time on 40 and 20,
                even with the SSTV QRM. I tried to stay away from them
                but guess 14227 and 14236 is still too close as I had
                deliberate QRM after running for a while with a clear
                frequency. I also think I tried to go to 40 from 20 too
                soon and the same from 40 to 80. Noticed some big signals
                and wondered if they knew it was supposed to be limited
                to 150 watts. Later I overhead two of them telling each
                other how much power they were running.  Probably not
                serious contesters, so guess it doesn't matter? I thought
                80 was good except for the QRN.

                Confession time: I got started late by approximately two
                hours. At the end, when checking my log I discovered that
                I had gone over the 10 hour limit by 8 minutes. Therefore,
                my score above reflects a subtraction of my last 6 Qs on 40
                and 1 mult (Pac) that occured during those 8 minutes.
----- Rod Greene, w7zrc@micron.net, <>< -----