N5FG phone NAQP score

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: N5FG phone NAQP score
From: rocker@datasync.com (Ray Rocker)
Date: Sun, 18 Aug 1996 21:29:08 -0500 (CDT)
N5FG (op. WQ5L) s/o phone NAQP score
QTH: Gulfport, MS
Rig: FT-1000

Band  QSO  Mult   Comments                         Antenna
 10   204    29   I love this band             Explorer 14 @ 90'
 15    59    25   Rate was better on 10                "
 20   239    49   hot hot HOT after dark               "
 40   174    48   About as expected              40-2CD @ 80'
 80     0     0   No antenna, no mults               none
160     3     2   Token non-effort            Alpha Delta sloper
Total 679 x 153 == 103,887

Arrived at station 30 mins before contest. Floyd had told me he
had NA software which handles NAQP. Nope, no NA. Panic. Immediately
connect to Internet and d/l first thing we find -- the banner ad
for TR-Log on KA9FOX page. Got it downloaded 10 minutes prior to
contest. Yay, it does NAQP! Quickly made notes from help screen.
Started on time and never had a slowdown due to not knowing program.

Since we had no 80m capability, I wasn't planning on doing the
whole 10 hours unless the high bands were spectacular. Well,
they were! It was difficult for me to leave the masses on 10
to pick up mults on the other bands, and that shows in my
meager 15 totals.

Most interesting QSO: 14 year old KE4ZCA (Thad in NC) calling in
and asking what the contest was all about. He was curious about
all the activity late at night on 20 meters. I took time out to
explain how the contest worked, and he said he was gonna go call
CQ Contest. He came back a few mins later and asked how long the
contest would last. Hope the contesting seed takes root!

-- Ray, WQ5L   rocker@datasync.com