NA QSO - W3GOI

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: NA QSO - W3GOI
From: junger@usgs.gov (Unger)
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 1996 13:29:59 -0500
NA QSO log for W3GOI: single op, unassisted
TenTec Corsair II

             QSOs    Mults
   80SSB      12      11  - B&W multi-band folded dipole, 40'
   20SSB     219      46  - KLM KT-34A tri-bander, 40'

 Totals      231      57

    Final Score = 13167 points.

I wish that I had been able to spend more time in this contest. As it
was, I operated for 4 hours from ~0000 - 0400Z and spent all but about
10 minutes of that time on 20M.  I had a ball!!  I was actually able to
run stations on SSB consistently and even got the rate meter over 100 a
few times between 0200 and 0300, which is great for me...

Lots of polite operators and it sounded like everyone was havinga good
time. This time of year is hard for me to get on the radio with lawn,
garden, chores, etc., - I'm sure I'm not the only one, but a rainy day
would have meant more contest time for me  :-)

This contest was the first SSB event that I ever entered and tried to be
competitive (for a short while anyway).  If I ever do it again, I will
be looking for a DVP board and save my vocal cords.  I guess I'm a CW
contest operator, though; I enjoy sipping a cup a coffee while operating
and that boom mike is always in the way...

73 - John, W3GOI