NV6O CW Sprint

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: NV6O CW Sprint
From: edwoods@pbsac01.isp.PacBell.COM (Woods, Eric D (edwoods))
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 1996 17:09:00 -0700

>From Phil, KF6A's in Orangevale, Ca.

     Hours of Operation: 03:59

     band      QSOs     points
     =c4=c4=c4=c4=c4=c4=c4=c4=c4=c4=c4=c4=c4=c4=c4=c4=c4=c4=c4=c4=c4=c4=c4=c4=
=c4
      80         51         51
      40        101        101
      20         71         71
     =c4=c4=c4=c4=c4=c4=c4=c4=c4=c4=c4=c4=c4=c4=c4=c4=c4=c4=c4=c4=c4=c4=c4=c4=
=c4
     TOTAL      223        223   X   44 multipliers  =3d  9,812

     Club or Team Name:  NCCC=231

   Damn - almost 10K=21  Was exhausted from tower work at K6FO's in am (it'=
s =

hard being the ground crew guy and yelling instructions to the tower =

worker.)   Next was daughter's soccer game.  Next was installation of 80 M =
=

vee at KF6A's.

Had his new computer set up to control his 765, etc.  Went home to =

coordinate after - contest chores with the wife.  Came back to find Phil an=
d =

Don, KJ6TC,  playing with RTTY software and trying to communicate with the =
=

KAM multi-mode box.  Come to find out that the installation of this softwar=
e =

did something to the comm port I was gg to use to control radio.. Straighte=
n =

that out.

Did ok on 20 until everyone went to 40.  I wasn't sharp enough to follow th=
e =

crowd, so my rate went down and it took me a couple of millenia to figure =

out why.. Same with 40 to 80 transition.

Kept hitting the =22-=22 key with my little finger and wondering why comput=
er =

asked me for QSX frq.

On 80, I guess the signal wasn't too hot, cause I tried calling a local =

cq'er, got beat out, changed the call in the logging field to the new owner=
 =

of the frq.  Called him, got beat out etc etc for about 5 contacts.  Remind=
s =

me of the Nascar guys that lose the draft at Daytona and get out of line. =

 They lose about 10 positions until they get back in line.

Tried eating dinner while contesting.  Phil came in the shack with a plate =
=

of steak, potatoes and salad, followed up by fruit and ice cream pie.  (F1,=
 =

fork, F1, listen)

All in all, bunches of fun again.  Thanks for all the q's guys.

eric, NV6O
edwoods=40pacbell.com =