K1IU CQWW RTTY SCORE

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: K1IU CQWW RTTY SCORE
From: k1iu@ids.net (Jeff Bouvier)
Date: Tue, 01 Oct 1996 22:16:08 -0300
>To: wf1b-rtty@ve7tcp.ampr.org
>From: k1iu@ids.net (Jeff Bouvier)
>Subject: K1IU CQWW RTTY SCORE
>
>96 CQ WW RTTY Contest
>
>Call used: K1IU
>Location:  RI
>
>Entry Class: Single Band- 20M
>
>Band    QSOs   Pts   QTH    DX  Zones
>80         0     0     0     0     0
>40         0     0     0     0     0
>20       958  2167    51    90    31
>15         0     0     0     0     0
>10         0     0     0     0     0
>--------------------------------------
>Total    958  2167    51    90    31
>
>Score: 372724
>--------------------------------------
>
>Claimed Score: 372724
>

>Power Output: 1400
>Club Participation: Yankee Clipper Contest Club
>Rig: TS940S
>Amp: Alpha 87A
>Antennas: 4/4/4 stacked yagis, top rotatable, bottom 2 fixed on EU
>
>Notes File:
>Date     Time  Band Note
>96/09/28 0215z 20 IT9'S AT 0214Z
>96/09/28 0318z 20 LA5TFA AT 0315Z, DEAD BAND
>96/09/28 0329z 20 HEARD A92GD AT 0329Z, NO Q
>96/09/28 1023z 20 XT2DP CALLED IN 1023Z
>96/09/28 2027z 20 NICE WHEN VE2GSO POPPED UP ON QRG CLG CQ
>96/09/29 1341z 20 VK6GOM TRIED TO DUPE 3 TIMES, BETTER THAN
>                 NO QSO
>
>NEEDED Province Multiplier Check Sheet:
>
>      -1-          -3-          -7-      -8-         -0-          -VE-
>
>VT  |.....| DE  |.....| MT  |.....| WV  |.....|  ND  |.....|  VO2 |.....|
>                                                 SD  |.....|  NB  |.....|
>                                                              NS  |.....|
>                                                              VY1 |.....|
>
>NEEDED Zones:
> 07 |.....|< How did this happen?!
> 22 |.....|
> 23 |.....|
> 26 |.....|
> 30 |.....|
> 36 |.....|
> 37 |.....|
> 39 |.....|
> 40 |.....|
>
>       After having a cold for the last 2 1/2 weeks and still not feeling
>the best I decided to do a 20M single band effort and try for a new record.
>I debated between single op, single op assisted and a few weeks ago thought
>about doing multi-single. Had been doing work on the 20m antennas with
>Randy, K5ZD, up until the week before the contest. I checked the band
several evenings before the contest and the band was real bad. Thought I
would be lucky if I would be able to work any JA's and Asian stations during
the contest.
>       Conditions turned out to be very good but not excellent. I did
>manage to get 3 to 5 hours sleep both nights. There was lots of activity
>from many countries. Was very surprised to not work VK, EA8, EI, and
several others that I don't recall at the moment. Was also surprised and
happy to see SU1ER, XT, 9M2, HL, V8, VS96, YB, OY. Never heard EY8MM. Heard
(at 0329z) but unfortunately did not work Bob, A92GD.
>       The band was a mob scene, signals from 14058 to 14102 and no room.
>When the band would start to open solidly I tried to get on a freq. and
>stay there. I did this with success but did have to chase away many in the
>process. Moving in 100-200 khz of someone's operationg freq. is not
>acceptable. Even one of my friend's did this on 2 occassions.
>        I did notice that many were using WF1B's software and modified their
funcion keys to keep their xmissions real short which speeded things up.
There are still many who could shorten their xmissions more. One of the
>biggest problems I noticed was the number of stations dupeing. Some
stations would try to work me MANY times. Obviously, they were not using
contest
>software.
>        In the past I have not checked over my logs very closely
>after a contest. The world record for 20M single band is 374,550 points
>established by VY2RO in 1993. My score this year is 372,724 points. That is
>the equivalent of 5 U.S. qso's or 1 country multiplier difference! I will
be checking this log very closely for errors in scoring but I doubt I will
find anything. So if you don't think every qso counts you're wrong! Thanks
so much to all for the qso's and I hope you had as much fun as I did.
>        Now to get ready for WAE RTTY contest. This is a great contest with
WF1B's software. I used the beta version last year and it was awesome. Don't
miss this one.