KE1FO SOHP CQP Claimed Score

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: KE1FO SOHP CQP Claimed Score
From: ke1fo@contesting.com (Alfred J. Frugoli)
Date: Sun, 06 Oct 1996 22:14:21 +0000
KE1FO (@KY1H) Massachusetts
Single Op, All Band, High Power

162 CW + 421 SSB x 58 Mults = 77,024

Was only on for 17 hours.

Equipment: TS-870, Alpha 77 (1.5KW), 386 running CT 9
Antennas: 10M - 6 elements at 100 feet
          15M - 8 elements at 120 feet
          20M - 6 elements at 150 feet
          40M - 2 elements at 120 feet
          80M - 2 elements at 150 feet oriented SW
          160M - inverted V at 150 feet N/S

Got started late in the contest, about 19:00Z.  Good test though.
Nothing on 10M from Mass though, but didn't try that much.  15M was
good on Sunday, started a little late on Saturday to know how it was
then.  20 was it's usual workhorse, but as always, crowded.  40 CW was
good, but SSB was a real difficult time with the broadcast stations.
80 was good for some q's from the serious stations, and 160 yeilded
just a few contacts.  Wish I had gotten on at the start of the test,
and worked all 24 hours I could have.  Maybe next year I'll go to RI
or ME, people seemed to really want those states.  See you in the next
test.

--
Al, KE1FO, ex. KE6BER    ke1fo@contesting.com or ke6ber@tiac.net
                                      http://www.tiac.net/users/ke6ber