GM6V M/M CQWW DX SSB Scores

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: GM6V M/M CQWW DX SSB Scores
From: beaton@wintermute.co.uk (Alastair Beaton)
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 1996 14:27:31 GMT
Band    QSOs     Z        C
160      421      7       53
80       682     18       77
40      1559     26      106
20      2294     37      161
15       938     31      134
10       255     11       60
Totals  6194    130      591

Provisional score = 6,884,829

GM6V Multi/Multi category
North of Scotland Contest Group
QTH: Tain, nr Inverness, Scotland (Zone 14)
Ops: GM3WOJ, GM4AFF, GM4BAP, GM4CXM, GM4IGS, GM4TXX, GM4YXI, GM0NAI

160: TS-940S,   2x3-500ZG,  inverted-V
80m: TS-940S,   4CX1500,    3-el sloper array, delta loop
40m: TS-950SDX, 2x3CX800A7, 3-el Yagi
20m: TS-850S,   ceramic PA  5-el Yagi
15m: IC-737,    4CX1500,    5-el Yagi
10m: IC-738,    4-1000,     5-el Yagi

160/80: Unbelievable noise meant hearing anything outside EU was painful.
Beverages would have made a huge difference, as anything we could hear we
could work. 3-el sloper @ 90ft did well, after we gave up on 4-el LPDA.
40: Forty was great this year - with our first real Yagi and Alpha power we
more than doubled our '95 score.
20: New, reliable amp and fine high Yagi gave us double the points of '95.
15: Very average.
10: Very hard work and no runs.

Four towers, one mast and eight antennas (not inc. VHF) in just over an
acre... This year we really reached the limits of this site. The big thrill
was being called by ZD8Z on 7098; the big chill being unable to connect to
the DXCluster after weeks of work. Wx stayed fine until Monday, three more
ops meant we all got to sleep. Innumerable bottles of Spanish red meant we
re-christened ourselves the "Don Darias Contest Group" and now have enough
corks to use them as QSLs. If only condx were better...

Thanks to all who called.

73
Al, GM4BAP
GM6V - QSL via GM4DMZ