AA4LR SO LP SS CW

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: AA4LR SO LP SS CW
From: aa4lr@radio.org (AA4LR)
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 96 10:10:10 -0400
ARRL November Sweepstakes

Call: AA4LR  Mode: CW  Section:GA  Power: 90 watts (Low)
Category: Single Operator

Band     Qs   Sections
 80      22      15
 40      28      15
----------------------
Total    50      30   = 3,000

Time: 3 hours

Equipment:
Venerable Kenwood TS430S
Murch UT2000 Tuner to 125 foot doublet at 15 feet (all bands)

Comments:

My first CW SS since 1990. My apologies to Tree. I had promised him last
year to operate considerably more of this contest, but events conspired
against me. (Read, my wife had other plans this weekend - namely moving
all her stuff out of her former office)

What little operating time I got considerably improved my CW skills.
Thanks to all who copied my rotten, grotty, hand-sent CW. You are truely
fine ops.

Spent Saturday at a local hamfest selling off some of my old stuff to
finance my radio hobby. Since I cleared almost $700, I splurged and
bought an R7000. This will eventually be the second radio antenna, but
for now will do service alongside the dipole as the main antenna.

See you all in SSB SS with a full, 24 hour effort! (Spouse is on notice
this time!)

Bill Coleman, AA4LR           Mail: aa4lr@radio.org
Quote: "Not in a thousand years will man ever fly!"
            -- Wilbur Wright, 1901