K7DBV SSCW SOLP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: K7DBV SSCW SOLP
From: genewill@ordata.com (Gene A. Williamson)
Date: Mon, 04 Nov 1996 09:27:26 -0800
1996 CW SS, SOLP from Oregon:

   80CW       44          38         76       4
   40CW       96          96        192      14
   20CW      299         299        598      47
   15CW       79          79        158      11

 Totals      518         512       1024      76 (yep, WY--
                                                 and QUE)

    Final Score = 77824 points
    Hours worked = 19

IC-735
80M: 105ft doublet up 25ft
40M: 2x quarter wave verticals
20/15M: 2el quad up 45ft

Guess 'ya gotta be horizontal on 40 for SS: my pair of WX0B-phased,
single radialed, figure-eight-patterned verticals gained me exactly ONE
more Q on 40 this year over a random wire through the trees at 18ft (95Q
in '95, now 96Q in '96). Should have taken the time to adjust the
doublet's feedline so I could match it on 40. But then the doublet on 80
only gained me seven Qs (from 31 to 38), so I was probably OK with the
end-fed wire on both bands.

SS is still The Greatest tho -- and when I work you same 500 people
again next year, you'll all have new calls, and it'll be EVEN BETTER!

Thanks for the Qs, everyone. Sorry about the 80M dupes -- massive
cockpit errors on my part running TRLog.

73 Gene K7dBV                                   genewill@ordata.com
They took away my frequencies once, but they'll never take my call!