WA6CTA SO/HP SS RESULTS

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: WA6CTA SO/HP SS RESULTS
From: EJSDXR@aol.com (EJSDXR@aol.com)
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 1996 17:57:45 -0500
Call: WA6CTA      Section: SF
Mode:  CW             Category:  S/O  HP

Band     QSO
160         -
  80       45
  40      181
  20      403
  15      229
  10        -

Totals  858    X    78
      Score: 133,848

Club:  NCCC

Equip: OMNI VI, Alpha 89, Force 12 6 ele
       @ 125', vertcals + wires

Comments:
  I started on 15 with a great rate for over 1 1/2
hours. Went to 20 when it slowed. Had VY1JA call me;
this seems to be a ritual (I almost expect it now!). 40
was peoductive, but I was missing some Calif sections,
and went up to 80 around 0400Z. There was a pileup for
a WYO station, but I decided to look for the missing Cal
mults; figured I would get WY on Sunday (had never been
a problem before). BIG MISTAKE!!! Went to bed needing
VE1 and VE5, plus a few New England secs and NNY (I
was starting to not like the new section!). Got up
early to work 20M, figuring I would be able to catch the
East Coast and my missing sections. Got the 2 VE's and
missing NE stuff quickly; only missing NNY, SC and WY.
Found NNY and SC on 15, and at 77, was feeling very smug!
15 had a nice opening from here; just not enough activity.
Those that were on were nice and loud. Lots of QRP stations.
Late in afternoon, was quite down with no luck on WY.
Found the monster p/u for N7NG, and gave it a short try.
Nada. I went off for about 15 mins and worked others. I
checked back every 15 mins or so, and he was never very
loud. I finally caught him when he obviously had moved
the beam out this way....only took 2 calls (thankfully!).
My first CW sweep. It is always interesting to see
what is "rare" each year!
  I didn't have enough time to work out the 2 radio setup...
I could have used it. I can see where this is a "must have".
I'll have it next year.
  Only problems came from the op's with bugs - some of
these guys seem to forget that there are also dashes
in CW!  A friend uses the F7 key to send : "QLF QRZ", and
I was ready to do the same! Why do they show up in the
middle of a great run??
All in all, a great time and one of my favorite contests.
Nice to hear lots of high #'s from ops with checks in the
90's....a good sign?

Thanks to all for the Q's.

Ed Schuller    WA6CTA   Mill Valley, Ca (SF)