1996 SS CW SO LP K1YRP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: 1996 SS CW SO LP K1YRP
From: bobgar@neca.com (robert C. Garceau)
Date: Tue, 05 Nov 1996 00:47:38 -0800
Call:  K1YRP
                Mode:  CW
                Low Power
                Section:  Connecticut

                Band    Qso     Qso points      Sections
                80      159     318
                40      191     382
                20      242     484
                15      26      52
                --------------------------------
                Totals  618     1236            74

                Score: 91,464

                Hours of operation 22

                Equipment: Icom 701
                Antenna: Tribander (atb34) at 45 feet
                        Inverted Vee for 40 and 80

                I missed Alaska, Hawaii, YV and VE2 for clean sweep

                I worked W1WEF in Hawaii 30 minutes before the contest on
                20 meters and then never heard him again. What a shame.

                I experienced lots of static on 80 early in the contest.
                First 6 hours spent S & P and getting a headache from
                the static crashes.  Went to bed and got 6 hours of
                sleep (planned to get 4). Had only 165 Q's at that point.
                I got up at 4:00 a.m. and got on the air and mostly
                ran, ran and ran for the rest of the day.  I was pretty
                happy with the results on Sunday.  I probably could have
                broke 700 if I had put in 2 more hours.