K6RCC 1996 Phone Sweepstakes score

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: K6RCC 1996 Phone Sweepstakes score
From: n6ig@netcom.com (Jim Pratt)
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 1996 08:22:33 -0800 (PST)
K6RCC Multi-Op Phone Sweepstakes

Maiden voyage of the new River City Contesters club call

75        39
40       734
20       930
15       370
       ======
        2073 x 78  ====>  323,388

Operators:  N6IG, NB6G, AA6WJ

Comments:  Took first off time around 0700Z as usual, got back on for 5
minutes and all lights went off (no we weren't running that much
power!).  After a call to the power company, decided it was time for a
nap...power remained off for 5 1/4 hours.  That decided the off time
schedule!  Then operated until 0246Z when ran out of time.

Very good to see high scores even with no 10 meters.  Glad my single-op
US record from 1991 still holds, though, I was getting nervous!

Low-light:  Operating on 14316 and getting jammed by three people who
told me that I was "QRMing the maritime mobile net on 14313".  I kept
thinking "if my ONE signal is causing that much damage to your damned
net, what do you think your THREE signals are doing to it?"...but there
is no sense arguing with idiots!

Congrats to everyone.  73, Jim  N6IG

                                             n6ig@netcom.com