W6KC SS SSB SOLP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: W6KC SS SSB SOLP
From: 74503.53@compuserve.com (Jim Stockwell)
Date: 20 Nov 96 01:20:27 EST
                       ARRL SWEEPSTAKES 1996

      Call: W6KC    CK: 59       Section: LAX
      Mode: SSB  Category: Single Operator. Low Power

      BAND     QSO
      160        0
       80       84
       40       40
       20      257
       15      177
       10        0
     -----------------------------------
     Totals    558      77 Sections (Missed PQ)

               Score:  85,932

Power Output: 100 watts     Hours of operation: 20

Equipment Description:
TS450SAT
2El Hygain TH2MK3 at about 30 Ft
Hustler 4BTV Vertical
80 Half Wave Inverted V feed with 450 Ohm line at about 40Ft

It sure was nice using my new 1x2 call in a contest.  With half the call sign I
should have been able to run QSOs twice as fast.  But since I only get out well
enough to run on 15m I decided to chase sections and try to get a sweep.  With
about 7 hours left in the contest all I needed was PQ.  I  worked 20 meters as
hard as I could trying to find a PQ until the band died around 0000.  My clean
sweep mug collection still stands at  two in my 30+ years of trying.  I spent a
long time working the pile up for VY2LI to get my only MAR.  When someone told
VY2LI that a VY1 was calling him it was really neat to hear the pile stand by
and listen to VY1JA  work VY2LI.

73, Jim, W6KC  (ex-WA6GDS)