NN7L CQ WW CW M/S 1.579M

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: NN7L CQ WW CW M/S 1.579M
From: hcgi@nwlink.com (Andrew O. Isar)
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 1996 17:09:45 -0800
NN7L Multi-Single
Operators AA7CQ and NN7L (part time)

1350Qs 133 Zones 288 Countries =3D 1.579M points

AA7CQ gets credit for most of the operating as NN7L was out of it =
following return from XE business trip last week. =20

Observations:

Excellent 40 and 20 meter conditions from west coast given cycle stage.  =
Nice JA runs on 40, yet not as good an opening to EU as would be =
desirable.  A fantastic 20 meter opening at the end of the contest =
allowed us to run 60+ hours for nearly 2.5 hours with numerous JAs, OH, =
SM, LA, UA1s and much needed double mult from CE.  This was perhaps the =
highlight of the contest for us.

15 yielded faily good JA openings and even some stronger EU...as sign of =
things to come.  The Gs and EAs were a welcome sign that conditions will =
be improving.

10 was as expected, dismal.  Nice surprise opening for ZK1, VK9NS and =
VK.  No JA.  LU was a standard...no zone 4 though.

As a "fun" M/S with only one transceiver and no mult station (plus a =
packet which was disconnected more often than connected) we are pleased =
with the results from our 31 hours of operating.  This was the first =
time I used packet and was a bit disappointed to see a very few stations =
advertising themselves.  Isn't this kinda bending (breaking?) the rules. =
 Oh well.  The conditions certainly reflected a marked improvement over =
last year and excellent prospects for next year.