NI8L 20M CQWW CW

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: NI8L 20M CQWW CW
From: ni8l@imperium.net (Scott Detloff)
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 1996 20:56:50 -0500 (EST)

      Call: NI8L                     Country:  United States
      Mode: CW                    Category: Single Operator

     Totals   1564     4520     2.89     39     123  =>  732,240

                                                         27 Hours

   Had planned on going great guns in this one until the top 20M
   antenna had it's feedline pulled of the DE by a malfunctioning
   Ringrotator  indicator.  Made a call to K3LR about coming over
   to help his M/M. Would try to use the 5EL @ 100' to see how
   things went, and see if I should stay home or drive over to K3LR's.

   Condx were poor Friday nite and knocked off at 0230Z with a whole
   38 Q's.  Thought my decision was already made up by sleeping in
   until 1200Z, but the band seemed pretty good.  Had four consecutive
   100 hours and decided to get serious!

   Great to have BA4RC call in for a new one after not being able to
   crack to the BY4SZ pile late on Sunday.  Also great to work VK6HD
   for a zone 39 since that's the one I missed for CQWW Phone.  Missed
   zone 37, and only heard HC8N once.  Thought I'd swing the antenna
   down later to catch him but never heard him again.  Funny not to
   work Trey or ZD8Z.  JA's were really loud Sunday.

   Congrats to those M/M's who were over 2000 Q's.  How do you do it?
   Might have helped if I had operated more and had all of my 116
   answered CQ's not have been dupes Hi!

   Waiting for spring to fix antennas so I can do it all again.

   73...Scott

   Scott Detloff  NI8L
   12198 Georgetown Rd NE
   Paris, Ohio 44669