K1NG SOA HP SCORE & COMMENTS

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: K1NG SOA HP SCORE & COMMENTS
From: rickdav@pcix.com (Rick Davenport)
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 1996 12:46:01 -0500 (EST)
                    CQ WORLD WIDE DX CONTEST -- 1996

      Call: K1NG(KI1G op)            Country:  United States
      Mode: CW                       Category: Single Assisted

      160       79      212     2.68     17      53
       80      234      649     2.77     24      86
       40      711     2059     2.90     34     119
       20      848     2479     2.92     37     128
       15      647     1900     2.94     30     118
       10       41      104     2.54     16      32

     Totals   2560     7403     2.89    158     536  =>  5,137,682

Equipment Description:(2)FT-1000D, Alpha 76ca, AL-1200, LK-780TNY
160M - 1/4 VERTICAL WITH ELEVATED RADIALS, DIPOLE @ 145'
 80M - 1/4 VERTICAL WITH ELEVATED RADIALS (NW), 1/4 SLOPER (E),DIPOLE @
120'(NE/SW)
       DIPOLE @ 80'(N/S)
 40M - 2/2 @ 155'/95'
 20M - 4 ELE @ 125', 4 ELE @ 62'
 15M - 4/4/4 @ 115'/75'/35'
 10M - 4/4/4 @ 105'/70'/35'

Glad to see the Solar Flux climbing again, too bad it was at the end of the
contest. Too many "NG"'s in the North East these days, Why don't you guys
trade in for nice Vanity calls ? Between running into W1NG and K2NG all weekend
must have really been confusing overseas, I would call people and they would
tell me QSO B4, I had to explain a number of times that was not possible,
they were a new Multiplier for me. Also, on Sunday I was in a pile for 5X4F
on 15, Ken(W1NG) worked him just before me, and when I worked him he said
"OK I have ur call OK now" Sorry Ken !, but one can only wonder how many times
this happened over the course of the weekend

10 Meters was funny with less South American Mults and more African and
European Mults than usual. There was only about an hour window on Sunday
where propagation was up and down to the Europe. Of the Europeans, G4BUO and
IQ4A and EA3ALN were the loudest, but it was also nice to hear from 3DA0NX,
3B8CF, 5V7A, HZ1HZ and all the others.

15 Meters had great rates to Europe around 1300Z and nice openings to the
Pacific both days. Worked the first JA on 15 in what seems to be years. Also
great to work Jim Smith on more than just the low bands again.

20 Meters was my weak band, the stack box died and left me with the top
antenna and a high SWR. It worked ok for band openings and closings to
Europe, but had no steady rates when the band was open. I was bumming Saturday
night when seeing all the spots for Zones 23,24,26,27,28, didn't hear any of
these guys. Sunday brought a good opening to Asia near the end of the contest,
and I picked up Zones 23,24 and 28 in the last hour.

40 Meters was a let down after last year, alot of multipliers but no rates
the first 2 nights, but Sunday afternoon reminded me of last year working
350 station between 1900 and 2300Z

80 Meters, Not much to say about this band it has never brought in big QSO
#'s, but is always a solid multiplier band.

160 Meters another solid multiplier band, but not much for Q's, hearing is
the problem here, being on a small lot keeps the length of beverages down

See you all next year....Rick/KI1G
rickdav@pcix.com