K1AM ex-K1IU CQWW CW SCORE

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: K1AM ex-K1IU CQWW CW SCORE
From: k1am@ids.net (Jeff Bouvier)
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 1996 15:43:32 -0400
                    K1AM 1996 CQ WW SUMMARY SHEET

    Callsign Used : K1AM
         Operator : K1AM

         Category : S/O High Power

        Team/Club : Yankee Clipper Contest Club

   BAND   Raw QSOs   Valid QSOs   Points   Countries   Zones

  160CW       63          63        165        41        11
   80CW      282         280        796        73        19
   40CW      450         439       1262        84        27
   20CW     1229        1180       3457       103        33
   15CW      332         324        920        73        26
   10CW        9           9         21         9         7

 Totals     2365        2295       6621       383       123

    Final Score = 3,350,226 points.

Hours of operation = 38

 Soapbox Comments
 ________________

           Great conditions. Two things that happened hurt my score. I didn't
remember if I ever broke 1k q's on a band during a contest so decided to go
for it on 20m. I should have gone to 15m Sunday morning but didn't! The other
thing that happened was that I "hit the wall" at 1900z on Saturday and took
a nap but was so wiped out I shut off my clock and went back to sleep until
0100z. That REALLY hurt my score.
           The most memorable thing that happened was being called by 7Z5OO
at 1905z and then A71CW at 1907z followed by FH/F6HWU at 1929z. Also, the
great 20m run to Asia the last few hours of the contest. Decided to S&P on 20m
the last 25 minutes of the contest which yielded C21BH, XX9X, W4NXE/DU3,
VS6BG, NH2G, and several more JA's and they were loud. I haven't seen this
many JA's on 20m in a number of years. The JA's must have had a holiday on
Monday, usually not many JA's at the end of the contest.
           From the reports that I've seen, most of us had a great time
during this contest. I'll be playing around in the 160m contest, see you then.
           73, Jeff Bouvier K1AM  ex-K1IU  k1am@ids.net
                                           http://www.ids.net/~k1iu/k1iu.htm