WB9HRO 20M SB HP UA WWCW

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: WB9HRO 20M SB HP UA WWCW
From: JHFitzJr@aol.com (JHFitzJr@aol.com)
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 1996 22:09:57 -0500
Station: WB9HRO
Op: WB9HRO
QTH: Winter, WI Zone 04
Category: 20 Meter Single Band, High Power, No Assist

Score: QSOs: 814  Points: 2309  Zones: 32  Countries: 105  Score: 316, 333

Gear: IC-765, Ancient Alpha (about 800 W out), CT 7.xx on a 386 sx Laptop,
204BA at 100 ft over 204BA at 60 ft (fixed on Eu), A-3 at 35 ft (fixed SE),
Dipole at 50 ft.

This one started out poorly by having power supply problems on my AL-82 (no
HV). Switched to the old Alpha, and off we go. The low bands were
excruciatingly painful Fri nite. The MUF to Eu dropped quickly below 7.0 MHz
from here, and 80 and 160 were noisy. About 6.5 hours of operating netted
only 70 QSOs. I decided to go single band 20 if the morning run was good. It
was. Best rate 100/hr - good for me. Lots of good mults on. I'd work more
mults if I were more adept at knowing when to run and when to chase mults.
About a total of 10 hrs on the low bands netted only 90 QSOs. Last year I
worked over 250 QSOs on 40 and 72 countries, even doing some running. This
year worked 36 countries. Lots of fun, all in all. Thanks for the contacts.

73
Jim WB9HRO (maybe to be something else if the FCC ever gets around to my
application)