KX9ZZ 160m score

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: KX9ZZ 160m score
From: k9pg@sbbs.net (k9pg)
Date: Sun, 8 Dec 1996 17:48:20 -0600
Tried the new contest call for the first time, seemed to cause some
a few people to get confused, but worked well for the most part.  Only
operated about 6 hours.

Had a few people try to take my freq while I commandeered 1800.7 on
Sat night,  one inparticular that stands out is an N8...   he was on
1801.1 for a while, then decides to move down to 1800.8 (probably because
of QRM) and pretended he didn't hear me, then moves to 1800.5 and
pretended he didn't hear me again...  first right above me, then below me...
this happened 2 times also!    There is also one particular W5 who always
seems to show up on freq calling CQ without bothering to see if it's in
use...  either he never hears me (which is not the case) or he has got
a bad set of ears.  This W5 did the same thing to at least 3 others
that I heard while I was tuning.  I hate it when ops of super stations
try to steal the freq of a casual operator, or of anyone for that matter!

Operated from the station of K9QVB which consists of a KT34, 40m rotary
dipole and inverted Vs for 80 and 160 at about 60 ft.
Rig was an old Collins KWM-380, great radio!

73,

Paul  K9PG / KX9ZZ

ex WX9E

                ARRL 160 SUMMARY SHEET

    Contest Dates : 07-Dec-96, 08-Dec-96

    Callsign Used : KX9ZZ
         Operator : K9PG

         Category : Single Op Low Power

 Default Exchange : 599 IL

        Team/Club : Society of Midwest Contesters

   BAND   Raw QSOs   Valid QSOs   Points   Mults   Countries

  160CW      330         330        663      52         1

 Totals      330         330        663      52         1

    Final Score = 35139 points.