W0SD, WD0Tt op. ARRL 160m score

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: W0SD, WD0Tt op. ARRL 160m score
From: ToddD@dci.state.sd.us (Dravland, Todd)
Date: Mon, 09 Dec 96 11:06:00 PST
W0SD, wd0t op.  Single Op,  High Power, Unassisted     South Dakota   35
hours OP time

1514 Q's
     24 -Countries
     78 - Sections
 -----------------
323, 238 Points

Rig: TS950SDX, AL1200,

Antennas: 1/4 wave vertical in swamp with 80 radials connected and numerous
others under water not connected.
     dipole at 200ft, dipole at 100ft, various beverages..

Logging: CT9.22

Comments:

WOW!! The vertical REALLY plays at Ed's station and the band sounded GREAT.
 First 6 hours averaged 100 Q's per hour. Had over 1000 Q's before Saturday
morning!  Really surprised to work 24 countries on this band from central
US.  The beverages also really helped.

Ed's work to take down the bent mast and replace it with 2 additional tower
sections and shorter, stronger mast really paid off!! All of this done in
snow and cold weather.  What dedication!.  I never imagined being able to
work this many stations on 160m.  This is a great band.  I must have sat on
1824.00  for about 9 hours straight on Friday nite/ Sat. morning running
stations.  Somewhat surprised to not work any South American or Caribbean
stations (other that PR and VI) and no VK/ZL.

Thanks for all the Q's and hopefully work you in the 10m VHF contest  from
WD0T this time.  Ed will be on from W0SD also!  73

todd, WD0T