ARRL 160 - K4ZW SOHP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: ARRL 160 - K4ZW SOHP
From: k4zw@staffnet.com (Claerbout, Ken)
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 96 02:37:10 PST
1996 ARRL 160 Meter Contest

K4ZW   SOHP Unassisted

QSO's - 975,   Countries - 32,   Sections - 74,   Score - 233,094
Time on - 19.7 Hours
Sections missed - YU, MT, SF, SJV

    I had plenty of things to do during the weekend so I didn't plan a
serious effort.  I did spend more time operating than anticipated due
to the excellent conditions.  Conditions the first evening were great!
F5IN and OT6T were in the log within the first minute.  I heard a
UA9F?? calling CQ in the window but he couldn't hear me.  I guess
he gave up after no one worked him.  I managed to crank out 18
more DX contacts before I settled in and started working the US.
Saturday afternoon the rain started coming down big time.
Unfortunately this carried over into the evening which made it tough
to hear anything.  The beverages helped but I'm sure it cost my some
QSO's.  I also managed to work two new countires on 160 (OY &
TK).
Saturday morning/afternoon I put in 4 hours of Christmas shopping so
I didn't  get a chance for any shut eye.  I just decided that I would
take  "short naps" whenever I got tired.  What a way to contest.
I'll see everyone on the other end of the HF spectrum this weekend.

                                73 Ken K4ZW