Stew Perry Challenge Score

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: Stew Perry Challenge Score
From: slazar19@sgi.net (Spike Lazar)
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 1996 10:41:12 -0500 (EST)
Stew Perry Challange at W3GH, W9XR op.

336 Q's, Low power,  Score at least 672+ point

Station: TS-930,
Antennas: 80' vertical, linear loaded to 1/4 wavelenght, 100 radials,
          Inverted Vee 167' apex.

Sidebar: Was very impressed that vertually everyone new their grids,
so level of operation was quite high. Was able to run at will even
though running low power, because there was plenty of elbow room.

Some major differences incurred was on cq'ing had no Europeans answer,
but was able to work some by S&P. Also the first time experiencing
calling stations who could not hear me (Dx & Stateside) and/or also
getting beat out. (Especially getting beat out to Europe by west coast
stations!)

I don't have any idea what my final score is, but if anyone would be
so kind to e-mail me any software to compute points and distance, I
will post final score.

Also final final scores will be interesting, after Tree runs it
through his software, because exchanges will have to be correct on
both ends of qso to count, something new to the non sprinters. Putting
it in a nutshell, it's not over when it's over, the real contest is
may just be beginning!

73, Spike