VA3ZC/8 RAC Contest

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: VA3ZC/8 RAC Contest
From: cblack@nunanet.com (chris black)
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 96 12:30:51 -0500 (EST)
Many thanks to Rick VE8QL for the use of his station.  Since I'm on vacation
visting family and borrowing a station, I didn't get on the air until 1830Z.
I just wanted to get on the air, hand out the VE8 multiplier and see what
it's like to operate from another part of Zone 2.  A few guys told me that
15 was open and asked me to move.  I checked 15 a few times and all I worked
was VE6ECK and VE6JY on both modes.  I went to 40 around 2200Z and worked
everything except VE4, VY1 and VE8.  With about 15 minutes to go I went to
80 and managed to make 7 Q's.

I went over to VE8QL's the night of the TBDC and made a few calls but didn't
work anyone.  It was kind of early, 2200Z (already dark here for about 3
hours), I was using an 80m Vee, and I could only stay for about a half hour.

I am posting this from my brother-in-law's account, so any comments, etc,
should go directly to me at:  va3zc@nortel.ca

Here's the results:

236 VE  * 10 = 2360
  9 RAC * 20 =  180