N4BP in Stew Perry

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: N4BP in Stew Perry
From: n4bp@shadow.net (Bob Patten)
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 1996 15:17:34 -0500 (EST)
Call used: N4BP                                         Location: EL96
Category: Single Op Single Band         Mode: CW        Power: 1500
Callsign of Operator: N4BP

Exchanged Information: N4BP RST EL96
Hours of Operation: 6

band    QSOs    points
====    ====    ======
 160     153       557          557 points

Club or Team Name: Florida Contest Group

Comments:  FT-1000MP, AL-1500, Inverted Vee @ 40 feet, NA v10.13

Even with my new hearing aid (FT-1000MP), I felt like the classic
alligator in this one.  I know many called me whom I was unable to copy
and also had many busted contacts.  And it just kept getting worse.  By
10PM local, the noise was so bad that I could only hear a half dozen
signals that I had already logged.  Slept six hours and awoke to a new
high in the noise level.  Two more Q's and enough already!
Very frustrating, but my own fault.  I had intended to have a quiter
receiving antenna put together by now..  Next year?

Bob Patten, N4BP
Plantation, FL
n4bp@shadow.net