SquINT Results N6TR & K7RAT

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: SquINT Results N6TR & K7RAT
From: tree@lady.axian.com (Larry Tyree)
Date: Sat, 4 Jan 1997 15:49:31 -0800 (PST)
Well - after one hour - both of the girls had had enough.  Theresa
(age 5) using N6TR managed 7 QSOs, and Rebecca (age 4) using K7RAT
had 5.  This is the best showing for both of them in a SquINT.

It was all I could do to get Theresa to call CQ.  After she
got up enough nerve, two things happened:  we were told by
about 3 stations that the frequency was in use and she was
answered by someone other than a young girl (which put her
into shy mode).  I hope W5KFT gets over it and doesn't take
it personal.

The choice of "Clipser" by both of them deserves some explaining.
About 8 years ago, I got two kittens.  I was still working on names
when one of them hit his head really hard on a door.  I wondered
if there would be any brain damage, and the name stuck.  Those of
you familar with the album "Dark Side of the Moon" would only think
it natural that his sister, who is black and white, would be named
Eclipse.  Clipser is the familar form of that name.

I don't think I will use that name in the sprints however.

Best question goes to whoever asked Theresa if her dad's name
was really Tree.  Second best question was "Is it raining there?"

Actually - it is sunny today.

73 Tree N6TR/K7RAT
tree@contesting.com

N6TR QSOs: AA3B AA5BT AA3JU KC9RR KE4RHU K3SW
K7RAT QSOs: AA5BT AA3JU KC9RR K3SW AA3B