No more contesting for AB5LX

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: No more contesting for AB5LX
From: fisher@hp-and2.an.hp.com (Tony Brock-Fisher)
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 1997 08:59:16 -0500
Stan-

Please don't give up encouraging your daughter! I apologize to her
on behalf of the idiot on ten meters!

Remember:  The fact that someone verbally assaulted her has nothing to
do in particular with Ham Radio. Rather it is a sign of our times, which
unfortunately is pervasive in our society. I'm sure the same could
happen via the internet, the telephone, or even in school. If this
had happened on her 101st contact instead of her 1st, I doubt it
would have had the total effect it did.

Also remember, it's a lot harder to get sworn at on novice CW than
on 10 meter phone!

-Tony, K1KP, fisher@hp-and2.an.hp.com