160M M/O CW W4WA

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: 160M M/O CW W4WA
From: AB4RU@stc.net (Ron Hooper)
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 1997 00:41:45 +0000
Call used: W4WA,
Operators: W4WA, AA4GA, KB4GID
Section: Georgia
Catagory: M/O
Score:
936 QSO's,  2926 QSO Points, 57 States,  53 Countries = 321,860 points

Club Affiliation: Southeastern DX Club

Comments:
After being shut down the last two years for bad wx, who would have
thought it would happen a 3rd time in a row. The only difference was the
intense lightning was much worse this year. Heavy rain, lasting most all
Friday night, made it impossible to hear.
About 3 hours into the contest the decission was made to quit and the
guest operators returned home. With 160 qso's and 8 countries in the log
to start with on Saturday morning, defeat was realized. The plan was to
resume again Saturday afternoon and just play around, drink beer etc. I
got on in the daytime Saturday and worked a few folks trying to make up
lost time due to noisey conditions. As we started again our effort
turned more serious, due to some local competition. In all we had a
great Saturday night, making the bulk of our contacts. It was great to
hear the regulars on with their new vanity call signs.

73's Ron W4WA...ex AB4RU