Sprint ssb K6LL score

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: Sprint ssb K6LL score
From: k6ll@juno.com (David O Hachadorian)
Date: Sun, 02 Feb 1997 14:52:32 EST
K6LL, single op, club: SCCC

   BAND       QSOs    Mults    Op time   "Casuals"(ser#<3)

   80SSB      66         3       0:38      1
   40SSB     156        22       2:36     46
   20SSB      55        23       0:46      3

 Totals      277        48       4:00     50

    Claimed Score = 13,296 points.

What a change from the usual band conditions and strategy
from out here! Usually, it's two hours on 20, 1:10 on 40,
and 0:50 on 75. This time 20 dropped dead very abruptly
45 minutes into the contest. There were _no_ responses to
second-radio cq's on 20 after I had moved to 40.

After all of the usual suspects were worked on 40, I
practiced my panhandling skills and worked a bunch of
people who were not in the contest. Usually these antics
are reserved for 20 meters, but not this time. I figured
75m wouldn't support much of a rate for more than about
50 minutes from out here, so tried to bleed 40 for all it
was worth, hopefully picking up some rare mults from these
casual folks. It seemed to work pretty well.

Mults:
   1.           TX   32
   2.           IL   27
   3.           CA   21
   4.           WA   17
   5.           TN   13
   6.           NC   12
   7.           OH   10
   8.           WI   10
   9.           IN    9
  10.           PA    9
  11.           MO    8
  12.           UT    7
  13.           NM    6
  14.           FL    5
  15.           AZ    5
  16.           OR    5
  17.           KS    5
  18.           IA    5
  19.           ND    4
  20.           MA    4
  21.           GA    4
  22.           AL    4
  23.           LA    4
  24.           AR    4
  25.           NH    4
  26.           MI    4
  27.           SC    3
  28.           ID    3
  29.          VE7    3
  30.           OK    3
  31.          VE5    3
  32.          VE6    2
  33.           AK    2
  34.           NJ    2
  35.           MD    2
  36.           VA    2
  37.           MN    2
  38.           VT    2
  39.           KY    1
  40.          VE3    1
  41.           CT    1
  42.           WV    1
  43.           DE    1
  44.           CO    1
  45.           NY    1
  46.           MS    1
  47.           SD    1
  48.          VE2    1

See you all next weekend in the Sprint, and the weekend after that
from XE2L in arrldxcw. Thanks for all the Q's. 73

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
k6ll@juno.com