KA9FOX's excuse for zero Sprint CW QSOs

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: KA9FOX's excuse for zero Sprint CW QSOs
From: neader@centuryinter.net (Scott Neader)
Date: Sun, 9 Feb 1997 01:28:01 -0600
Ironic that I would be put on the SMC 'Black Hole Contest Conspiracy'
Sprint Team -- Boy, what a conspiracy it was!!

Now that I finally have an antenna in the air (multi-band dipole as a
sloper about 30-35ft up in the trees), I am finally able to get on and
'work the boys' from home when I can't do a full effort somewhere else.

Got down to the shack early enough to spend time programming TR just right
for all the CW exchanges.  I tuned across 20 meters and figured I'd give a
CQ and see who calls.  Set the ALC, check the power & swr.  Perfect.  Call
CQ but naturally, nobody answers my CQ.  So, I try again.  This time, ZERO
POWER.  That's right folks... bye-bye TS-930.

And zero Sprint QSOs for the SMC Black Hole Contest Conspiracy team.  Sorry
boys.

Sure glad I got that antenna in the air.  :-(

73 - Scott KA9FOX

P.S.  Any recommendations on a good Kenwood repair center?

INTERNET SOLUTIONS - Affordable web page design and storage
Scott Neader (608)788-1234 / FAX (608)787-0100 / neader@QTH.com
Internet Solutions web: http://QTH.com/is   Ham web: http://QTH.com