W4ZW 97 CW SPRINT SO/LP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: W4ZW 97 CW SPRINT SO/LP
From: w4zw@juno.com (Jon E Hamlet)
Date: Sun, 09 Feb 1997 16:18:36 EST
        1997 NCJ NORTH AMERICAN SPRINT

     Call used: W4ZW     Location: Casey Key Island, FL

     Category: Single Op All Band  Mode: CW      Power: 150W
      Callsign of Operator:      W4ZW

Exchanged Information: W4ZW nr # JON FL

     Hours of Operation: 03:58

     Band      QSOs     points  Kenwood TS-950SDX
      80         32         32  Wire from Roof (Bad SWR!)
      40         92         92  40-2CD at 75'
      20         78         78  A4S at 65'
 TOTAL     202        202   X   45 multipliers  =  9,090

      Club or Team Name:        Florida Contest Group

SOAPBOX:
                    First time ever to do this one.    Whew!!
Maybe next time I'll have some idea of what's going on
and maybe some strategy for all that frequency spinning.  Wasted a lot
of time "chasing" multilpiers before I found it non-productive. By the
end of the third hour I had my rate up in the 90's by finally
figuring out the rhythm of this beast.  Couldn't compete on 80 with my
long wire.
Tried NA for the first time ever as well.  Next time I'll read the manual
first.

New software, new contest, and new contesting technique!
Maybe next time I'll have an antenna up for 80 too! My last minute
wire from the roof with a 6:1 SWR didn't get it.

Jon,  W4ZW