K5GN NAS CW 2/97 (Long)

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: K5GN NAS CW 2/97 (Long)
From: mccarty@hal-pc.org (David K. McCarty)
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 1997 21:10:41 -0600
SPRINT SUMMARY SHEET
     Contest Date : 09-Feb-97
    Callsign Used : K5GN
         Operator : K5GN
     Station Used : W5KU (ex-K2UA)
             Name : David K. McCarty
          Address : 8603 Manhattan Drive
   City/State/Zip : Houston, TX  77096
          Country : United States
        Team/Club : TDXS #1

   80CW      103         103        103       1
   40CW      120         120        120      12
   20CW      130         130        130      33

 Totals      353         353        353      46

    Final Score = 16238 points.

 Soapbox Comments
 ________________

 Ten years ago I started printing a blank Page 8 for my handwritten
 logs, just in case I could ever make the magic 350+.  Never used it.
 Now I can say, finally, that I've used Page 8!  New personal record!

 No dupes!  Now let's hear from Mark about my typo's!  Or better yet,
 K1KI's, K7RAT's, and K6LL's, hi.

 What a great start to the contest.  I think everyone with a new call
 should be congratulated for improving the overall rate!

 Ran out of gas near the end due to on coming head cold, exacerbated
 by the all-afternoon workout on the 40m beam (repairs in cold wind,
 yuck).  Thanks millions to N5DU for staying late to help.  Still
 quite sick, and hope I get over it before ARRL DX CW!

 Also didn't push 40 early enough.  Made a lot of 2nd radio Q's there,
 but was still focused on the excellent 20M condx.

 Heard a rumor of KP3 on 40 and VE3 on 80. Never found them, though.
 Amazed at N6AA's report of 48 worked, 5 more heard.  Wow.

                         Rate Report NA Sprint CW Feb 97

  HOUR   80CW    40CW    20CW    TOTAL   ACCUM
  ----  ------  ------  ------   -----   -----
    0       0      13      85      98      98
    1       0      36      44      80     178
    2      28      66       1      95     273
    3      75       5       0      80     353

  TOTAL   103     120     130

QTH Distribution:
   1.           CA   62
   2.           TX   40