N9CO ARRL DX CW Score

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: N9CO ARRL DX CW Score
From: ocker@chasind.com (Charlie Ocker)
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 1997 09:15:14 -0600
        Hrs     QSOs    Mults   Score
        ---     ----    -----   -----
N9CO    20      459     168     230,328         SO, LP, All Band, Unassisted,
                                                Illinois

        Band    QSO     Mult
        ----    ---     ----
        160      11      10     Half Sloper <--+
         80      66      36     Half Sloper    +-- single feedline
         40      83      43     Half Sloper <--+
         20     260      55     TH6 @ 55'
         15      39      24     TH6 @ 55'
         10       0       0     TH6 @ 55'

Planned to operate more, but had to battle with Murphy instead.  My rotator
broke a while back, and has been stuck at EU ever since.  I was able to borrow
replacement from N9QEL.  My 930 died last Tuesday.  Spent Wednesday trying to
repair it, and determined that it wouldn't be done in time for the contest.  I
was able to borrow a FT1000 from N9BR on Thursday.  Nice rig, will be tough to

Decided to take advantage of mild midwest winter weather to replace rotator on
Saturday afternoon.  WX was sunny, little wind, temp was a balmy 27 degrees or
so.  Perfect for tower work.  Well, about as good as it gets around here in
Feburary.  I figured that the loss of about 3 hours of operating time on
Saturday would well be worth the extra mults that I could pick up on Sunday
with
an antenna that I could actually turn.  Things on the tower going quite well
until replacement rotator fell from tool bucket at 50' and landed in snow bank
at base of tower.  Just missed concrete base.  Visual inspection of rotator
(Ham-IV) revealed busted terminal strip.  Won't know about other possible
damage
until it is taken apart.

Thanks for all the QSO's.  I still had a great time operating.

73,

Charlie  N9CO   ocker@chasind.com