GW0GEI SO HP 160m Unassisted ARRL DX CW 97

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: GW0GEI SO HP 160m Unassisted ARRL DX CW 97
From: steve@rjtrain.demon.co.uk (Steve Jones)
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 1997 21:04:08 +0000
                 ARRL INTERNATIONAL DX CONTEST -- 1997

      Call: GW0GEI                Country: Wales
      Mode: CW                    Category: Single Operator Single Band

      BAND     QSO    QSO PTS    STATES/PROV

      160      305      915          34

     -----------------------------------

     Totals    305      915          34  =   31,110

Equipment Description:

Kenwood TS850sat
Kenwood TL922
Inverted V dipole @ 70ft
Power: 400w

Club Affiliation: GB7ADX/WESTNET DX GROUP

Another first outing for me and first time I have tried a cw contest
lasting more than 4 hours! New 20m tower went up two weeks ago allowing
me to put up an inverted v for 160m for the first time. It came down a
few days before the test, but the mark 2 model stayed up for the 48 hrs,
only to come down today in 70 mph winds again. Maybe I should stick to
6m?! First couple of hours on Saturday morning were great fun, but
quieter between 3 and 6am (just keep hitting F1 !!). Surprised by the
number of dupes from big guns (21 or 6.8%).  No west coast openings for
me :( but at least I got my first 34 states on 160m and had some good cw
practice ready for IOTA 97. Cu in ARRL DX SSB when I will be multi
single all bands with contest call GW7J. 73 es tnx for the calls de
Steve GW0GEI.
--
Steve Jones
GW0GEI in IO73TG, IOTA EU124