NJ6D 40M SO/HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: NJ6D 40M SO/HP
From: claver@noao.edu (Chuck Claver)
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 97 20:07:08 MST
Call: NJ6D, Mode: CW, Catagory: Single Op, Single Band, Hi Pwr

QSOs        Mult.     Total
----        -----     -----
753          88       189,288

Station: NJ6D

TS830s + 8877
3-elm M2 yagi at 70feet

Comments:

First serious contest from the home QTH.  I had lots of fun and
learned alot about what I need to work on to make the station more
competitive in the future (a second antenna for instance).  Several
amplifier shutdowns cost a lot in QSOs, but I have since learned that
this is a known problem on the amp and will get it fixed.  Most
frustrating was a shutdown in the midst of a nice JA run plus one
right after working FR5DD at the beginning of long path.  Only had one
bout of deliberate QRM, but lots of "QRL?" - which made me think folks
on the band were living up to the high opperating standards contesting
should produce.  Most memorable moment - being called by VQ9QM via
short path for a new one that has escaped my efforts until now.