[3830] VO1MP - WPX-SSB/SO/AB/UNASS.

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] VO1MP - WPX-SSB/SO/AB/UNASS.
From: gussam@newcomm.net (Gus Samuelson)
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 1997 01:47:16 +-100
Conditions on both Friday and Saturday nights
very noisy on low bands lots of static crashes and
signal  levels from Eu very suppressed.
Easter weekend seemed to have had an effect on level
of activity from Europe at beginning of Test.
15 meters a bust not one European in log from here
however could hear Caribbean and South America
working lots of Europe. Africa working lots of Europe
also.
Lost 20 meter monobander just after ARRL DX test in
wind storm and all wire antennas at same time. Managed
 to get back with a single wire loop for 20 , very humbling
experience, however one advantage ? was able to work
both sides no rotating hi!
Figured I would set goal of at least 1000 Qs and get my
sleep and quality family  time in. Managed both.
CT log says 21 hrs operating - was about right.

Thought sun spots were on way - maybe next fall.

   CQ WORLD WIDE WPX CONTEST  1997

      Call: VO1MP                    Country:  Canada
      Mode: SSB                      Category: SO/HP/Unassisted

      BAND     QSO   QSO PTS  PTS/Q PREFIXES

      160         0          0          0.0         0
       80       139        784        5.6        47
       40       126        628        5.0        45
       20       789       2057       2.6       383
       15        36         101        2.8        25
       10          0           0         0.0          0

     Totals   1090      3570          3.3            500  =   1,785,000

All reports sent were 59, unless otherwise noted.

Equipment Description:  TS-930 & TL-922  CT logging
Antennas:
20M = Loop , 40M= Loop , 80M=Dipole , 15M= Yagi,

Club Affiliation: None

                         Gus Samuelson

           MAILING ADDRESS:

               Gus Samuelson  VO1MP