[3830] AA3B ARRL SSB Single Op Assisted Hi Power

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] AA3B ARRL SSB Single Op Assisted Hi Power
From: cwtrench@sprynet.com (The Trench Family)
Date: Mon, 03 Mar 1997 01:30:10 -0800
'

                 ARRL INTERNATIONAL DX CONTEST -- 1997

      Call: AA3B             Country:  United States
      Mode: SSB              Category: Single Unlimited
                                       High Power

      BAND     QSO    QSO PTS PTS/Q COUNTRIES

      160       14       42   3.0       14
       80      100      300   3.0       49
       40      105      315   3.0       51
       20      344     1032   3.0       85
       15      190      570   3.0       69
       10       51      153   3.0       12
     --------------------------------------

     Totals    804     2412   3.0      280  =   675,360
     in 38 Hours of operation

Equipment Description:

        TS 940S / HF 2500 AMP
        TS 930S / SB 230 AMP

        160: Inverted Vee @ 65'
        80: Inverted L Box; Inverted Vee @ 60'
        40: 3 El Vee Beam fixed on Eu @ 45'; Inv V @ 55'
        20/15/10: A3 Tribander @ 70'

Club Affiliation: Frankford Radio Club

My score was way, way, down from last year.  I really struggled during
the first 30 hours, and was particularly disappointed with my numbers on
40 and 20 after the first day.  The low bands were real rough here
Saturday night with high QRN. I thought conditions during Sunday
daylight and evening were much better.  I had a lot of fun working South
America on 15 and 10 during Sunday; we even had a decent opening to
Europe on 15 on Sunday Morning.

I probably slept more this contest than I've ever slept before during
ARRL, but I just couldn't keep my eyes open either evening when the
rates slowed down.

My next big effort will probably be in CQ WPX CW.  See you all then.

73 Bud AA3B