[3830] ARRL DX SSB MULTI 2

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] ARRL DX SSB MULTI 2
From: k7fr@concord.televar.com (Gary Nieborsky)
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 1997 08:56:30 -0800 (PST)
                 ARRL INTERNATIONAL DX CONTEST -- 1997

      Call: W7TT                      Country:   United States/Washington
      Mode: SSB                      Category: Multi 2

      BAND     QSO  COUNTRIES

      160            7              5
       80           32            20
       40           51            26
       20        422             78
       15          79             27
       10             1               1
     --------------------------------------

Totals    592       157  =   278,361

Operators: K7FR, N7AU
Club:  Central Washington Amateur Radio Club

And now the news......

Brutal.......says it all.

Was considering not reporting our score but after seeing some of the others
out there I didn't feel so bad.

Highs:  Working 9G and TU.  Having EU stations thank us for the new one on 20.

Lows: Having the club members out for breakfast in an attempt to generate
some interest in contesting.  The came, they ate, they left.-

Super low:  Having a W6 come back to us and say "How you doing and hows the
wife?".  Our reply (lacking tact and compassion due to long hours at radio):
"Lou's dead and he willed us his call".  His response: "Oh no......".  We
felt real bad after that.  Point to remember; all these old 1x2's that have
been re-issued were once someone elses and they had friends that may not
know they have gone to the great beyond.