[3830] ARRL SSB 97 DF9ZP SO/SB/HP 20m

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] ARRL SSB 97 DF9ZP SO/SB/HP 20m
From: DK8ZB@compuserve.com (Michaela Bandrack)
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 1997 16:31:16 -0500
DF9ZP   Single OP HP 20m phone

HRS  QSO   PTS   ST/PR   SUM

20  1507  4521    60    271.260

Station    FT 1000MP,TS 950
           Linear  1KW
           Ant.  6 ele mnobander at 75 feet

Comments:

The band opened at abt 1130 UT first Stn (amazing)was VE8RCS NWT.
Then only eastcoast came throu.The skip moved further west according
to sunrise.First ca was K6HNZ at 1543 UT.last qso on satturday was
AD3V at 2026 UT. All states were worked missed only OK.Panic came up.
Saturday morning switched on the TS 950 which was doing a great job
on saturday, no output, panic again ! Changed to ft 1000 mp and starting
again. Band opened with W1ZA at 1130 UT. First CA today was K6XV at 1529
UT.First WA was AA7CQ this time, at 1646 UT.Band closed absolutely at
2106 UT with last qso K2GAL.In the meantime worked a lot of oklahoma
stations. No more panic !
Thanks to all the guys that worked me !!
I had a lot of fun, see you next year, same band again.
Vy 73 de DF9ZP
Hans Joachim ( JO )

e-mail dk8zb@compuserve.com