[3830] W4ZW ARRL 1997 DX SSB SO/LP/UA

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] W4ZW ARRL 1997 DX SSB SO/LP/UA
From: w4zw@juno.com (Jon E Hamlet)
Date: Mon, 03 Mar 1997 22:44:19 EST
     ARRL INTERNATIONAL DX CONTEST -- 1997

Call: W4ZW       Country:  United States
Mode: SSB        Category: Single Operator/Low Power
Hours operated:  5.2       Unassisted

 BAND     QSO    QSO PTS PTS/Q COUNTRIES
 160        0        0   0.0        0
  80        0        0   0.0        0
  40       45      135   3.0       29  402CD @ 75'
  20       39      117   3.0       27  A4S @ 60'
  15       54      162   3.0       17     "
  10       11       33   3.0        4     "
 --------------------------------------
Totals    149      447   3.0       77  =   34,419

Equipment Description:  FT-1000D, Heil Headset

Club Affiliation:   Florida Contest Club

SOAPBOX:

Found my Heil headset while unpacking last week which I have
had for three years and had never used, so thought about chasing
a few countries on SSB which I rarely do.  But since I have started
new DXCC/WAZ etc with my new call in November, thought it would be
a good time to pick up some of the countries rarely heard on CW.

My timing was terrible!  Conditions here were quite a bit below
average most of the time with a few good openings.  With kids basketball,
T-ball, and birthday parties all weekend, didn't get much time in but
found a few new ones.

Conditions on 40 were really poor Sunday morning when the few big contest
JA's just CQ'd in my face!    Sorry guys, but I'll take CW any day!

        Jon Hamlet  W4ZW