[3830] TX QSO PARTY

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] TX QSO PARTY
From: rthorne@arn.net (Richard Thorne)
Date: Sun, 04 May 1997 20:00:57 -0700
Had a great time in the TX QSO Party this weekend.  Continued my
training of my currently unlicensed brother-in-law.  Hes looking
forward to the next contest that we can do a multi-operator. Thats
probably going to be Field Day.

First 6 hours netted 100+ q's per hour.  It went down hill from there.

10  meters - Dead
15  meters - Dead (even tried setting up some skeds)
20  meters - excellent
40  meters - went long.
80  meters - static and the usual crowd
160 meters - no antenna

WB5M, Multi-Single, 1500 watts, West Texas, Potter County

1419 q's by 77 mults for 218,526 (before scrubbing)

Station:

        TS-850
        Amp Supply LK-500 900 watts out
        Antennas:
                10,15,20: Force12 C3
                40      : Inverted V
                80      : Inverted V

P.S. Its a good weekend to have a qso party as there were two other
state qso partys (CT and MA) as well as the cw county hunters qso
party.