[3830] K5OY 97 wpx cw tri-bander lp

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] K5OY 97 wpx cw tri-bander lp
From: tv4029weather@khbs-khog.com (Steve Gibbs)
Date: Mon, 26 May 1997 15:19:46 -0700
                              1997 CQ WPX CONTEST

     Call used: K5OY                                         Location:

     Category: Single Op All Band         Mode: CW              Power: 100W

     Callsign of Operator: K5OY

     Exchanged Information: K5OY RST nr

     Hours of Operation: 18:49

     band      QSOs     points
    __________________________
     160          0          0
      80         11         12
      40         92        244
      20        134        247
      15         32         59
      10          2          3
     _________________________
     TOTAL      271        565   X   213 multipliers  =  120,345

     Comments:

          There are a few givens in life.  Death, Taxes and you will not make a
lot
of contacts with a G5RV up at 15 feet running 100 watts.  What works pretty
well in
domestic situations, really sucks across the globe.  But knowing that going in,
still manage to have tons of fun!!  I did work several new countries in the
contest
and, more importantly, several new countries before the contest.  With stations
checking out there set-ups, I worked a total of 10 new ones from Wednesday
through
Sunday afternoon.  This contest also showed me I need to work more CW on a
casual
basis.  Never did get into the flow.  All in all, as always, a great time!!

     I have observed all competition rules as well as all regulations for
     amateur radio  in my country.  My report  is correct and true to the
     best of my knowledge.  I agree  to be bound by  the decisions of the
     CQ Awards Committee.

     Name: Steve Gibbs  Call: K5OY
           22 Aberdeen Ct
           Ft Smith                      , AR  72908