[3830] DL1EFD SO 20m LP Assisted WPX CW

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] DL1EFD SO 20m LP Assisted WPX CW
From: Carsten Steinhoefel" <carsten.steinhoefel@essen.netsurf.de (=?iso-8859-0?q?Carsten_Steinh=94fel?=)
Date: Mon, 26 May 97 20:55:26
Hi guys!

Friday before the Contest I put up a fullsize Loop for 40m in the attic.
Unfortunately it was too long, but had an SWR minimum on 20m. Testing a
little on Friday night, I heard P40W QRP 579 and worked him second call,
so I decided to do a part time single band effort with the new antenna
between helping my YL (DL6BCF)with ACCESS-programming (She was on the
other Computer in the Network - I hope this doesn't make it Multi-OP!),
going to the cinema and to a birthday party as well as sleeping long...

I was on the radio approximately 19 1/2 hours doing only S&P. Condx were
great, 20 never closed and lots of West Coast during the night. The
Cluster never helped me but I left it on anyway and put a few spots into
it.

By the way, does anybody know what NZ4/W4UE is? Worked him on Sunday night
before the end of the contest.

So here's my score:

DL1EFD Single OP/Single Band 20m/Low Power/Assisted

RIG: Icom IC730, 100W
ANT: Loop abt 40m under the roof (abt 12m above ground level)

Operating time 19.5hrs

342 QSOs, 347pts (1.89P/Q), 258 Prefixes making it 166.926 points

73, hope to cu in Region 1 Fieldday 7/8 June from DL0UP/p

de Carsten, DL1EFD  carsten.steinhoefel@essen.netsurf.de