No subject

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: No subject
From: k5na@bga.com (Richard L. King)
Date: Tue, 27 May 1997 15:51:28
           CQ CW WORLD WIDE PREFIX CONTEST -- 1997

      Call: NN5AA (op. K5NA)    Country:  United States
      Mode: CW                  Category: Single Operator-
                                     Single Band(unassisted)

      BAND     QSO   QSO PTS  PTS/Q PREFIXES

      160        0        0   0.0        0
       80        0        0   0.0        0
       40        0        0   0.0        0
       20        0        0   0.0        0
       15        0        0   0.0        0
       10      245      202   0.8      148
     --------------------------------------

     Totals    245      202   0.8      148  =   29,896

Total time on: 30 hours

Equipment Description: IC765 ==> AL1500.  TH7DXX @ 80 feet

Club Affiliation: Central Texas DX & Contest Club

                             Signature

                                       __ Richard L. King __

           MAILING ADDRESS:

               Richard L. King  K5NA
               17726 FM 973 North
               Manor, TX 78653

Interesting conditions on 10 meters. Worked a lot of South
America, all those zero point USA QSOs, and had a few VKs and ZLs
drop by. The band seemed open a lot but the openings were spotty
and I don't think the activity was there to exploit it.

Only worked 3 Europeans, but worked them at odd times. The first
was GW3YDX at 2125Z, Saturday, with the beam SE. Four hours later
I worked two EA4s at 0108Z and 0117Z with the beam on SW. That
was a surprise since it must have been the middle of the night
there. It was almost like one discovered the opening and called
his buddy on the telephone to tell him about it.

I found D2M calling CQ on Sunday morning for my only African and
just before the end of the contest at 2241Z, with the beam SE,
had a weak JA7 answer my CQ. So I managed WAC on 10 meters for
the weekend and that was a surprise.

I've done this same contest and same band from New York during
this part of the cycle. My observations are that the band can be
more unpredictable from Texas.

73, Richard - K5NA
K5NA@BGA.COM
http://www.realtime.net/~k5na