[3830] Score HZ1AB

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] Score HZ1AB
From: TKS.TKSTHC@MESMTPSE.ericsson.se (THOMAS CARLSSON)
Date: Wed, 28 May 1997 08:12 +0200
--- Received from TKS.TKSTHC  +966 1 478 5800       97-05-28 08:12
  -> IN=3830(a)contesting.com
  -> IN=k7jj(a)ix.netcom.com
Preliminary score from HZ1AB

I had planned and announced to work SOSB but it did not turn
out that way.
Friday before the test (our day off) members worked in 40 deg. C
heat to get the antennas up.
Beverage, W8JK for 40 and added some 20 radials to the 40 m vert.
Specially thanks to Ken Dwyer and Paul Hardcastle that came
8 am and left 8 pm.
The W8JK did not work as expected. After a desperately slow
start on 40 I was mainly thinking of my contribution to the club
with reference to the 50th anniversary - so I decided to go for
all band. What I at that moment not considered was that I
  had promised Mike/7Z5OO/K3UOC to work single band. So I kind
of regret what I did. Mikes score of 4,001,804 points of
26 hours operation compared to my 36 hours gives a clear
indication of his superior contest skills.

WPX CW 1997         HZ1AB Op. SM0CXU     Single Op All Band

Band      QSO    Q Pts   Pts/Q    Prefixes
160      No antennas
 80      No Antennas
 40       361    1916    5.3      136
 20       996    2856    2.9      264
 15       858    2387    2.8      199
 10        73     203    2.8        9

Total    2288    7362    3.2      608  =  4,476,096
Thanks to all and  73
Thomas     SM0CXU    (AB5CQ)
QSL  via K8PYD