[3830] NO8DX WPX Score

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] NO8DX WPX Score
From: k8mr@worldnet.att.net (Jim Stahl)
Date: Thu, 29 May 1997 21:02:47 +0000
--=====================_864964601==_

                             1997 CQ WPX CONTEST - CW

     Call used: NO8DX                       Location:  OHIO

     Category: Single Op All Band     Mode: CW     Power: 1500
                                      PRO-67A @ 70 feet/dipole (80)

     Callsign of Operator: K8MR

     Hours of Operation: 03:51

     band      QSOs     points
     --------------------------
     160          0          0
      80         20         24
      40         57        178
      20        114        259
      15         45        131
      10          0          0
     ---------------------------
     TOTAL      236        592   X   170 multipliers  =  100,640

     Club or Team Name: Northern Ohio DX Association

     With the mass retirement of 2x1 calls, the goal of winning the
zero point category became a lot less appealing.  Therefore for the
first time I joined the crowd and borrowed a nifty keen callsign,
NO8DX, the club call of the Northern Ohio DX Association.

     My 4 hours or so was broken into segments not larger than half
an hour, among yard work, a local bridge tournament, normal sleep,
etc.  I also took the "let the big guys find my oddball prefix for
their multiplier" attitude, doing a lot of CQing and not much
S&Ping.  Of the top U.S. scores only KQ2M and WR6AAA found me, both
on 80 meters Saturday night.

     Not a bad contest, but the good conditions Saturday coincided
with equally rare good weather, and the great outdoors won.

Jim Stahl   K8MR      k8mr@worldnet.att.net