[3830] K8GT SOABLPUA WPX97CW SCORE

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] K8GT SOABLPUA WPX97CW SCORE
From: ah672@detroit.freenet.org (Jerry Treas)
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 1997 11:57:12 -0400

             CQ WORLD WIDE WPX CONTEST  1997

      CALL: K8GT                     COUNTRY: United States
      MODE: CW                       CLASS:   SO AB LP UA

      BAND     QSO    QSO PTS    PREFIXES

      160        0        0          0
       80        7       18          4
       40       50      218         32
       20      232      572        186
       15       37       78         31
       10        0        0          0
      ___________________________________

     Totals    326      886        253   =>  224,158     27 Hrs
                                            =========

All reports sent 59(9) unless otherwise noted.

Equipment Description:

FT101B 100 Watts output
Multiband Fan Dipole/Inverted Vee up 50 ft.
Super CMOS 3 Memory Keyer

Club Affiliation: Mad River Radio Club

Usually the first 4 hours of a contest I have a hard time making QSOs
since all the big guns are working each other so I passed on the first
hour so I could cut the grass (it needed it badly). When I finally got
on, 20 was awesome, everyone I called came back on the first call.
Was short of sleep (no contest preparation the week preceeding) so
at 0330z I couldn't keep my eyes open, and 20 was still going strong.
Lost an additional 9 hours with family duties between the two days.
TNX to Martin, ZL1ANJ, for QSOs on 40, 20, 15, real potent signal,
Martin. Lots of fun as usual, and few new prefixes in the log, TNX
to all for the Q's. One of these days I will have a real antenna
and rig (after my daughters graduate from college).

           MAILING ADDRESS:

               Gerry Treas  K8GT
               29435 Guy Ave.
               Southfield, MI 48076