[3830] K3WW Multi Op IARU RADIOSPORT

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] K3WW Multi Op IARU RADIOSPORT
From: k3ww@fast.net (Charles Fulp)
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 1997 14:44:24 +0000
1074 QSOs   4080 points  38 HQs   74 Zones = 456,960

K3WW plus packet.  Multi Op

I was experimenting with TR log again, in the "assisted" mode, and
found some local problems with RF on the link, stuff that I needed to know.
 In doing so, I made a bunch of quick band changes early on, but was having
enough fun that I kept to the 10 minute rule later and went back and voided
(left in the log for cross checking) a bunch of Qs and
mults, to conform to the 10 minute Multi Op rule.  A second radio
and NO packet would have been more productive, total score wise, but would
not have smoke tested the lash up as well.

breakdown:
band   Qs  Pts  HQs  Zones
160CW  10   16   3     3
 80CW 116  386   2    11
 40CW 332 1256   7    22
 20CW 489 2066  10    22
 20SSB 63  233   8     5
 15CW  23   63   4     4
 15SSB 31   42   2     4 (voided a lot more due to 10 min rule)
 10CW   9   15   2     3
 10SSB  1    1   0     0
     1074 4080  38    74 =456,960

Based on quick look at rate sheet I had 7 hours with no contacts and
about 3 or 4 others with just a few, indicating early stop or start..
probably 15 or 16 relatively serious hours...more than I thought, but
enough to annoy the XYL.  This is one of my sneak it in without mentioning
that I'm doing a contest weekends, as opposed to ARRL DX and CQWW which are
blocked out forever on the entire family calendar.

73 Chas K3WW