[3830] N5NU IARU CW

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] N5NU IARU CW
From: n5nu@inu.net (Jason Goldsberry)
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 1997 19:55:28 -0500
                             1997 IARU SUMMARY SHEET

    Callsign Used : N5NU
         Operator : N5NU

         Category : Single Operator, CW Only, High Power

   BAND         Valid QSOs   Points     HQ     Zones

   80CW              47        133       2         9   80m Dipole @ 75'
   40CW             253        817       9        21   40m Dipole @ 75'
   20CW             425       1552      13        29   3 ele. @ 75'
   15CW              16         42       3         7   "

 Totals             741       2544      27        66

    Operating time = 16 hours
    Final Score = 236,592 points.

  This was great!  It started off slow, but it got fast.  It took me 20
minutes to realize that the station that I thought was a local was a
station from Hong Kong.  I abandoned the CQ'ing and went to S&P some.
Worked a BV station and then CQ'ed.  Very surprised to have a BV, YB4, and
HL1 come back.
  Best hour was 0400z when I had 81 on 40 CW.  I guess the low point of the
whole contest was that 70% of the DX stations were dirt weak.  I was
running USA twice as fast as Europeans.

80 meters = Didn't spend much time.  Wkd a KH6 and some SA stations.
40 meters = Great!  Worked a YB plus 35 JA's and a UA0
20 meters = Surprise!  Three Zone 39 stations on CW plus another one heard.
15 meters = Everybody was weak, even the SA.  One JA, heard 9A0HQ scatter
around 0100z
10 meters = Nothing.  Not even on phone.

I scored around 4 times what I did last year, so I am making progress.
Also 250 more QSO's and double the multiplier total.

73, Jason N5NU

n5nu@inu.net
N5NU Homepage
http://www.inu.net/n5nu/