[3830] Fwd: K7BV CW NAQP Score (A bit wordy)

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] Fwd: K7BV CW NAQP Score (A bit wordy)
From: K7bv@aol.com (K7bv@aol.com)
Date: Sun, 3 Aug 1997 17:15:06 -0400 (EDT)
---------------------
Forwarded message:
Subj:    K7BV CW NAQP Score (A bit wordy)
To: <3830@contesting.com>
Date:    97-08-03 17:14:07 EDT
From:    K7bv
To:      3830@akorn.net
CC:      TOMK5RC

K7BV Dennis CA @WB6IRC
TDXS Team #1

Hrs: 10

Band   QSOs Mults
160        19       9
 80         62      29
 40        125     43
 20        160     44
 15         56      27
 10         26      17
---------------------------
            447     169
Sore:       76,556           That Sore is an abreviation for "Sorry Score"

So, like, what contest were You guys operating?
I think I mistakenly ended up in something that did not allow the use of
sunspots...
Now, I did HEAR all of you folks back East working each other on 10 and 15
and it did sound like fun.  But, who threw up the RF suck barrier and made it
a one-way path?  S&P never was my best operating tactic (being a Pile-up Pig
born for rate at the fun end of a pile) but S&P was just about all I could do
in this contest except a few runs on 40.  Borrowed WB6IRC's DX contest
station with motorized towers and a bunch of elements for the contest.
 Unfortunately both rotors were toast when I got there for the contest.  I
think those laser beams hurt me locked in one direction with their narrow
beam widths ( I know...poor baby...)  Tried different heights without any
measuable difference in frustration factor.  Brad kept tell me, "Just wait a
couple of years" but I still had to go outside and bite a pine tree to keep
myself under control.  Speaking of frustration--I'll never use Dennis again.
 Tried to switch back from my usual Denny contest throw down name but just
too many repeat request.  I am going to CP3O or something you folks can
relate to the first time ya hear it.

Congrats to all of you guys and gals (love those 88's instead of 73's...) who
did so well and earned a place of honor near the top of this fun contest that
was dreamed up several years ago over too many beers by K5RC, K5LZO, K8CC, me
and a few others still coherant (?) enough to speak in a hospitality room at
a Louisville convention.  We'll miss those CD Parties but the NAQP is a great
replacment with the same spirit and great operators !